The latest enhancements to Spok Care Connect®, including EHR and real-time location system (RTLS) integrations, will be showcased at the health IT industry’s premier event.
SPRINGFIELD, Va. (February 21, 2018) – Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK) and a leader in healthcare communications, will demonstrate the latest evolution of its integrated healthcare communication platform, Spok Care Connect, at the 2018 HIMSS Annual Conference and Exhibition, March 5-9 in Las Vegas. Continued innovation and development highlight a banner year for the company, with more than 100 new healthcare organizations selecting Spok Care Connect in 2017, including Grey Bruce Health Services, Vail Health, and Virginia Hospital Center. This brings the total number of hospitals and health systems using Spok solutions to over 1,900 including all organizations on U.S. News & World Report’s 2017-18 Best Hospitals Honor Roll.
“The healthcare sector is recognizing the need for a care team communication and collaboration platform to complement the EHR,” said Vincent D. Kelly, chief executive officer of Spok. “We are very proud to demonstrate the latest enhancements at HIMSS and prove how hospitals can use our platform to maximize value from information within the EHR, while providing the best possible care.”
The latest enhancements to Spok Care Connect strengthen interoperability and reinforce security through robust EHR system integrations, advanced enterprise directory, real-time location system (RTLS) integrations, and security enhancements. They also include new support for integrations with partners Bernoulli®, Spectralink®, and Zebra Technologies®. Spok will demonstrate the platform at booth 7607, and in the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase™.
Upgrades in the latest version of the Spok Care Connect platform deliver meaningful information smarter, faster, and more securely throughout the hospital, and include:
- EHR Integrations: Spok Care Connect can segregate secure and unsecure devices, so care teams know whether it is safe to send protected health information (PHI). Alerts and alarms can include information from the EHR to support patient identification and provide more clinical context.
- RTLS Integration: It has become increasingly important to support bidirectional capabilities with RTLS vendors to manage duress and man-down events and ensure staff security and safety. If a user needs immediate assistance, Spok Care Connect uses Ekahau® location tags to alert users in close proximity.
- Partner Integrations: Spok Care Connect secure messaging is supported on Spectralink PIVOT™ devices and Zebra MC40 and TC51 devices. The Spok Care Connect integration with Bernoulli delivers live waveform viewing from mobile devices, providing more complete patient context to the caregiver to support faster treatment decisions.
- Security: Spok Care Connect is compatible with the latest Microsoft® and Red Hat® operating technologies to provide robust security and safeguard PHI.
- Contact Center: Spok Care Connect has earned new certifications with leading PBX vendors, Avaya and Cisco, to support seamless integration with these systems.
“These upgrades make Spok Care Connect even more robust and reinforce its reputation as the most comprehensive and integrated clinical communications platform in the industry,” said Hemant Goel, president of Spok, Inc. “HIMSS is always a highlight of our year, and we’re eager to showcase the platform to our customers and partners in Las Vegas and continue to advance healthcare together.”
To schedule a meeting with Spok at HIMSS18, visit spok.com/HIMSS.
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Go® and Spok Care Connect® platforms to enhance workflows for clinicians and support administrative compliance. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. When seconds count and patients’ lives are at stake, Spok enables smarter, faster clinical communication. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
Spok is a trademark of Spok Holdings, Inc. Spok Go and Spok Care Connect are trademarks of Spok, Inc.
+1 (571) 302-1816