Do you have school safety concerns?
Spok works with schools, higher education, and enterprise organizations to improve safety through better communications. Communication technology and devices are vital components for school officials and first responders during and after a safety event.
Spok® Solutions for School Safety help address the most serious concerns by ensuring that your communication technology meets your overall campus safety needs. Our secure, easy-to-use automation applications link telephone systems, school scheduling applications, and notification systems in a common platform, driven by a single, dynamically updated database.
Deliver Time-Sensitive Information With Two-Way Notifications and Incident Management
During emergency situations staff members and first responders need to be quickly and reliably notified without calling trees and confusion. To help give staff members and responders real-time awareness and reduce response time, Spok provides two-way emergency notification and incident management.
- Get messages quickly to the people who need them
- Allow message recipients to acknowledge messages and indicate availability
- Provide dependable, accurate notification quickly on any type of communication device
- Work with your existing network
- Provide real-time monitoring
Integration with third-party security and monitoring systems
We can enable third-party security and monitoring systems to initiate messages directly to mobile devices carried by school security, administrators, and key staff members. We detect alerts from your monitoring and alarm systems and route them to the appropriate staff on their wireless communication devices. The result is faster response to critical events, which improves efficiency, safety, and satisfaction.
Ensure Fast, Reliable, Emergency Communication
Secure text messaging and paging ensure messages sent to smartphones and pagers are secure and encrypted.
- By deploying the Spok Mobile® application to patrol units or other mobile staff members, messages delivered to their smartphones are encrypted and not subject to being maliciously intercepted and viewed by unauthorized individuals.
- The group messaging capabilities of paging can save time in critical situations. Having all teachers on one capcode, for example, means you can reach the entire staff by dialing one number.
Pinpoint the location of a 9-1-1 Caller
Depending on how your system is configured, you could send emergency responders to the wrong address or location. The time wasted as responders locate the source of the emergency can increase danger to people and property. Knowing where a 9-1-1 call originates is crucial to effective emergency response on campus.
Spok Enhanced 9-1-1 solutions have helped many well-known schools protect the safety of all on campus with software that provides peace of mind—and meets ever-growing state legislation.
- Notify faculty and staff in real time when 9-1-1 is dialed
- Allow school officials to listen to a 9-1-1 call in progress, thereby enabling them to assess the situation and respond accordingly
Establish a solid communication infrastructure between 9-1-1 call-takers and safety officials
Spok Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) provides reliable and speedy assistance to callers dialing 9-1-1 or the emergency telephone number in your area. Spok® pc/psap has received Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) certification and is listed under the Department of Defense’s Unified Capabilities Approved Products List. This means the solution has completed rigorous federal government testing and compliance processes under real-life conditions.
- Integrate with the existing telephone system
- Accelerate emergency response time
- Leverage SMS technology for security-related communications
- Integrate with third-party systems
“Having a phone system that’s reliable is a key way for us to make sure our students, staff, and visitors are as safe as possible.”
Clay Cottles, Technical Services Manager, Mesquite Independent School District Dallas