What every U.S. business needs to know
The Ray Baum’s Act and Kari’s Law are two federal statutes to strengthen emergency (911) calling and processes. These new laws will impact every U.S. business that uses a multi-line telephone system (MLTS).
What do the laws require?
There are three new federal requirements for every MLTS:
- The direct dialing requirement
- The notification requirement
- The location requirement
When do businesses need to comply?
The direct dialing and notification requirements took effect on Feb. 16, 2020. The location requirements take effect starting Jan. 6, 2021, depending on the type of MLTS.
How can your organization meet the requirements?
To help your organization understand, meet, and exceed the requirements of Kari’s Law and the Ray Baum’s Act, please explore our resources:
- Download this infographic for an overview of Kari’s Law and the Ray Baum’s Act
- Read our recent blog post for more details and information
- Explore our E9-1-1 solutions for superior management of 911 calls