Paging Remains at the Core of Clinical Communications
Paging software has been essential to hospital and healthcare workflows and emergency response processes for well over 30 years. The value of reliable emergency communication via wireless paging systems remains high today, especially in hospitals and other industries where steady, reliable communication is critical and doctors and nurses need to be alert and respondent to patients’ needs.
Paging doctors and nurses has never been easier thanks to today’s advanced paging software. Spok offers several cost-effective paging software solutions to facilitate communication between staff.
In recent years, smartphones and tablets have become an integral part of our daily lives. But even as mobile usage increases, it is important to recognise that paging’s survivable architecture and cost effectiveness retains clear advantages over mobile in many instances.
Smartphones and Mobile Networks
If anything, the proliferation of smartphones is making paging even more critical to medical and first response sectors going forward. This is because congestion of mobile networks can cause them to fail.
At a price that can often approach 10 times that of paging, mobile technology would seem like the more reliable technology. But that is simply not the case. In fact, emergencies of all sizes and scopes have taught us that mobile technology cannot be counted on for crisis response.
With onsite paging, the paging transmitters are located “onsite” at your organisation, and you own and control the system.
- Robust: The plastic enclosure for Spok pagers (formerly Commtech Wireless pagers) has been rigorously tested.
- Menu Options Set for Each User: Like the user profiles in software, the Spok pagers can be configured to display only the options you want each user to access.
- Extensive Over-the-Air Programming: You can configure many features over the air, including Power Off, Time, Delete Messages, Alert Mode, Capcodes, and Disable Pager. Spok pagers are easy to program by hand, over the air, and even via a USB port.
- Priority Override: This feature ensures that pagers set to inaudible become audible for high-priority messages. This is especially important for hospital pagers.
Spok® 7950 V2 (Formerly Commtech Wireless 7950 V2)
- Easy-to-use pager
- Two or four line alphanumeric display (with bold font feature)
- Up to 80 days of battery life
- Specially designed durable plastic enclosure
- Programmable by hand, USB software, or over the air (OTA)
- Up to eight cap codes
- Priority override — override silent/vibrate mode for code calls or critical alarms
Leverage Spok’s high-powered, state-of-the-art paging transmitters to ensure a highly efficient, reliable approach to enterprise paging, alarm management, and event notification. Mission-critical private networks can be established with excellent coverage and reliability at an attractive total cost of ownership. Paging, alarm management and event notification can be provided across multiple sites, entire enterprise environments, and smaller coverage areas if desired.
Dispatch messages quickly and easily through Spok’s solutions for critical alerting and alarm monitoring. With an easy-to-use interface, your dispatchers have an intuitive method to distribute key alarms and alerts to individuals, groups, departments (such as the call centre), and the entire enterprise. Many customers have replaced outdated in-house terminals and messaging systems with these robust solutions to achieve a highly streamlined, reliable approach to sending mission-critical messages.
Key Functionality and Benefits for Paging Terminals
- POCSAG encoding
- Multi-user, IT-friendly and Microsoft server-based
- Supports industry-standard paging protocols such as TAP, TNPP, SNPP, WCTP, ESPA, COMP1&2, and SMTP
- Logging and reporting of all pages sent (and received if a two-way device)
- Telephone ports: voice prompted paging via DTMF – up to 64 ports or multiple T1s
- Direct control of paging transmitters and transmitter networks
- Immediate message dispatch to pagers, ensuring high-priority pages can be received on the onsite pagers in less than two seconds
- Individual and group paging
- Escalation features
- Database integration with Spok console solutions