Spok Solutions Achieve JITC Certification, Strengthening Public Safety Leadership
SPRINGFIELD, Va. (October 14, 2015) – Spok, Inc. today announced that several of its key solutions have received Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) certification and are now listed under the Department of Defense’s Unified Capabilities Approved Products List. The solutions are:
- 9-1-1 call-taking and dispatch console
- Call recording
- Enhanced 9-1-1 (E9-1-1)
Additionally, the Spok® pc/psap call-taking and dispatch solution received updated JITC certification for its additional computer telephony integration (CTI) security, and the Spok® Smart Console solution was recertified.
The accreditation means these Spok solutions meet the levels of security and interoperability required by the U.S. Government and the U.S. Military. JITC certification encompasses Information Assurance (IA) Accreditation from the Defense IA/Security Accreditation Working Group (DSAWG) and Interoperability Certification (IOC) from the Joint Staff (JS).
To earn JITC certification, Spok completed rigorous federal government testing and compliance processes under real-life conditions. The test lab has the same infrastructure as a live 9-1-1 center, ensuring that solutions undergo testing using the same circuits used by public safety professionals. The JITC certification process tests the ability to provide and accept data, information, materials and services, including both the technical exchange of information and the end-to-end operational effectiveness of that exchange. JITC serves the Defense Information Systems Agency, combatant commands, the Department of Defense, and other federal agencies, allies, coalition partners, and commercial vendors.
“Spok is now one of only a select number of organizations that has achieved JITC certification for its 9-1-1 solutions,” said Vincent D. Kelly, president and chief executive officer of Spok Holdings, Inc. “This speaks to the caliber of our solutions, and Spok is fully committed to maintaining these certifications as an integral part of our public safety solution suite.”
- Spok® pc/psap: This 9-1-1 call center call-taking and dispatch console lets military bases handle 9-1-1 calls made from the base as well as from off-base housing. The system speeds dispatching and response to 9-1-1 calls through intuitive functionality for call handling, integration with mapping systems, and the ability to record all 9-1-1 calls. The latest JITC certification for Spok pc/psap was completed to support Avaya Aura® Application Enablement Services (AES) and to enable TLS security on the Avaya AES connection for additional security.
- Call Recording: Spok worked directly with its technology partner HigherGround, Inc. to bring HigherGround’s Calibre® product through the JITC certification process. Spok will directly offer Calibre to any customer requiring a JITC-certified call recording solution. This call center recording tool enables bases to record all analog and digital phone and radio calls going in and out of their contact centers and capture ANI and ALI data on incoming calls. It is invaluable as a repository to store all call recordings where they can be reviewed and used for security, legal, and compliance requirements.
- Spok® Enterprise Alert System: This enhanced 9-1-1 solution pinpoints a 9-1-1 caller’s exact location and passes it along to the public safety answering point on a military base.
Spok now offers the following JITC-certified solutions:
- Spok pc/psap
- Spok Call Recording
- Spok Enterprise Alert
- Spok® IP Phone Tracking Gateway
- Spok Smart Console operator console with computer-telephony integration (CTI), including Oracle® Fast Start Failover database capabilities for redundancy in emergencies
- Spok® Smart Web online directory and on-call scheduling
- Spok® Smart Speech voice-based directory and morale calls
- Spok® e.Notify incident management communications