Make Use of Every Minute at AONE (plan ahead to visit Spok)
Are you ready to make valuable connections, enhance your knowledge, and discover what’s new and exciting in healthcare? Please plan to visit the Spok exhibit at AONE, April 12-15, 2018, at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis. This event connects nurse leaders from across the country to learn from one another, share inspiration, and solve current challenges facing nurse leaders. Here's a glimpse of the fun we’re planning at AONE 2018!
65% of Magnet-Designated Hospitals Use Spok® Solutions
Let's Talk Icebreakers
Nurses have a critical seat at the table when it comes to technology. What patient care issues are you experiencing? Stop by booth #537 to meet our Spok team and tell us how your care teams are:
- Responding to patient calls. Are you receiving the detailed information you need?
- Reaching the right on-call clinician quickly. Do your clinical communications help deliver well-coordinated care?
- Managing patient alarms. Are you experiencing alarm fatigue?
- Supporting mobile caregivers with encrypted communications and secure texting. What’s included in your mobile strategy?
What inspires you?
This year’s AONE theme, ‘Inspiring Leaders,’ highlights the impact nurse leaders have. Every day, you advocate for patients, families, and fellow nurses. We know you’re passionate about caring for your patients, and we’d love the chance to hear how care teams are collaborating and communicating across your organization.
Friday, April 13, 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 14, 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
AONE offers nurse leaders the opportunity to reconnect with colleagues and establish new connections. Dr. Nat’e Guyton, Spok’s Chief Nurse Officer, will once again be attending this year’s event and looks forward to meeting with AONE members.
Nat’e wants to hear from you!
Here are some ways you can connect with Nat’e and other members of Spok’s clinical team:
- Visit us in the exhibit hall at booth #537
- Attend our session in the Education Expo Pavilion presented by Nat’e on Saturday, April 14
- Connect with us before AONE! Join our listserv to receive case studies, infographics, and other great resources.
“I’m as passionate about technology as I am about patient care. I love innovation. For me, nursing is about the advocacy component and technology is the innovation component. I love meeting and engaging with nurses at AONE and getting their feedback. At so many organizations, nurses aren’t at the table when it comes to technology. And they need to be.”
Nat'e Guyton, RN, MSN, CPHIMS, NE-BC
Chief Nurse Officer, Spok
AONE Session: 7 Must-Have Components for a Mobile Strategy
In 2017, we surveyed over 300 healthcare organizations and found 35 percent did not have a documented mobile strategy. According to the same survey, over half stated goals to improve nurse-to-physician communications and 43 percent wanted to improve nurse-to-nurse communications. Without a documented mobile strategy, it’s unlikely hospitals will achieve these goals. Stop by the Education Expo Pavilion on Saturday, April 14 to hear from Nat’e and learn seven components for a successful mobile strategy.
Key session takeaways:
- Build a mobile strategy that lays the foundation for clinical communications
- Collect ideas to help you bring these components to your organization
Saturday, April 14
10:10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Education Expo Pavilion
Focus Group: The Nurse’s Stake in Clinical Communications (Building a Mobile Strategy)
Nat’e will be exploring the communication challenges that nurses face every day during a conference focus group. Mobile technology can help nurses make informed decisions and deliver better care, which can lead to improved patient outcomes. AONE members will share their ideas about their role in driving clinical innovation and discuss lessons learned with other nurse leaders.