A Tale of Two Companies: And Then They Were One
July 08, 2014
Today is a really special occasion.
Companies often modify their brands, refine their messages, and redesign logos. Less frequent in the marketplace, though, are examples of two companies becoming a unified entity with a singular mission. As of today, USA Mobility Wireless and Amcom Software have come together as Spok, Inc. (Our name is pronounced “spoke.”)
Why are we re-branding ourselves when we already have established and respected brand loyalty in the USA Mobility Wireless and Amcom Software names? In part, it’s because we’ve grown beyond the bounds of both names. We’re not just in the U.S. anymore, we’re a global company. We’re not just a software company, or just a wireless provider. We’ve been together for several years now integrating our services to better serve our customers, and we are proud to be a leader in critical communications for over 125,000 organizations in healthcare, government, public safety, and other industries. Each month, we deliver millions of messages across a host of devices – from smartphones and pagers, to tablets and Wi-Fi enabled devices – so information is delivered when and where it matters most.
Dependable critical communications are paramount for individuals in healthcare, public safety, and a host of other industries. Our technology is used by people who save lives. Whether it’s a doctor treating a patient, or an emergency operator responding to a critical event, Spok’s suite of solutions give people quick and easy access to the information they need to assess a situation and respond.
And Spok is not a random name. It is fitting for our business because it evokes an integral part of a greater whole: like the spokes of a wheel, each supporting the other and the overall network. It’s about movement, strength, reliability, and speed. All the things you need in your critical communications. After all, a closed loop is what it’s all about.
Spok is moving forward, in partnership with our customers. When communications matter, Spok delivers. I’m very excited about this new chapter in our collective story as a leader in critical communications and invite you to watch this video to learn more!
By Colin Balmforth, President of Spok, Inc.
Spokwise Healthcare Blog Subscription
- The Voice of the Nurse Leader in Technology
- How to Deliver On-Time, On-Budget, and On-Value Health IT Projects
- Did You Know? 6 Ways to Make Physicians’ Lives Easier
- Standard or Encrypted Pagers: What’s the Difference and Which Is Best for My Hospital?
- The Top 10 Spokwise Healthcare Blog Posts of All Time
- What’s That Noise!?: How Technology Can Help Create a Quieter Hospital
- Connect 17 Recap: A Spok Customer’s Firsthand Perspective
- The Right Stuff for Improving Compliance With Joint Commission Communication Goals
- Extinguish Physician and Nurse Burnout: How Health IT Can Help Clinicians Love Their Jobs Again
- On-Call Scheduling 101: Your Guide to Supporting Care Providers and Patients
- Being Smarter with Smartphones: Shifting Patients’ Negative Perception of Mobile Devices at the Bedside
- 8 Steps to Take in the Event of a Data Breach at Your Hospital
- 10 Fun Facts About Nurses for National Nurses Week
- Putting Yourself in the Patient’s Shoes
- Closing the Critical Test Results Loop to Improve Patient Care
- Robin’s Wrap
- Lessons Learned for Emergency Notification
- Front and Center Stage - Opening Day at Connect 14
- Face-to-Face Connections
- Lost Your Pager in the Lake? No Problem, Use Mine
- The Future of Spok Contact Center Solutions—Sneak Preview at Connect 14