October 22, 2014
I’d like to say a huge ‘thank you’ to all of our customers and sponsors!
We have all had a wonderful few days here in warm San Antonio for Connect 14. I’ve organized many conferences for Spok, and the quality of the discussions and attendee interaction just gets stronger every year. People have been so engaged throughout the event—during sessions and case studies, at the evening activities, and during all the networking opportunities. Those in the Spok Directions User Group got to meet face to face again, this year with a lot of new members, and their discussions have been both meaningful and insightful.
There certainly has been a lot to talk about between the latest in secure texting with Spok Mobile™, all of the communication trends people are seeing in their hospitals every day, and where things are headed with changes in technology.
I’d love to hear about your favorite parts of Connect 14. What new tidbits did you learn? What were your highlights? Do you have any suggestions for our next event?
By Robin Flynn, Marketing and Communications Events Manager
Spokwise Healthcare Blog Subscription
- What’s That Noise!?: How Technology Can Help Create a Quieter Hospital
- Connect 17 Recap: A Spok Customer’s Firsthand Perspective
- The Right Stuff for Improving Compliance With Joint Commission Communication Goals
- Extinguish Physician and Nurse Burnout: How Health IT Can Help Clinicians Love Their Jobs Again
- On-Call Scheduling 101: Your Guide to Supporting Care Providers and Patients
- Being Smarter with Smartphones: Shifting Patients’ Negative Perception of Mobile Devices at the Bedside
- 8 Steps to Take in the Event of a Data Breach at Your Hospital
- 10 Fun Facts About Nurses for National Nurses Week
- Putting Yourself in the Patient’s Shoes
- Closing the Critical Test Results Loop to Improve Patient Care
- Robin’s Wrap
- Lessons Learned for Emergency Notification
- Front and Center Stage - Opening Day at Connect 14
- Face-to-Face Connections
- Lost Your Pager in the Lake? No Problem, Use Mine
- The Future of Spok Contact Center Solutions—Sneak Preview at Connect 14