Ready, Set, Register! The Connect 19 Healthcare Conference Agenda is Here
June 19, 2019
Each fall, hundreds of healthcare leaders who use Spok solutions gather at Connect for valuable learning opportunities and stellar networking. It’s one of the most exciting times of the year here at Spok! We recently released the agenda for Connect 19. Suffice it to say we’re already looking forward to Oct. 27.
Not registered yet for Connect 19? Find all the details here!
- General sessions: We’ll kick off Connect by reviewing key milestones achieved during the prior year and share insights on what to expect in the coming year.
- Lightning sessions: These short but powerful sessions will offer quick tips and tricks to help you get the most from your Spok products.
- Breakout sessions: Both inspirational and practical content collide in our varied breakout sessions about the healthcare issues you care about most.
- Customer case studies: See how your peers have transformed their organizations. Leave feeling energized to implement the approaches you’ve learned.
- Spok Directions user groups: Spok Directions is the perfect forum for you to share with (and learn from!) your peers and help guide our product direction.
We created the agenda with a few key themes in mind to help every attendee find sessions that align with their specific role or interests. Below is a sneak peek of some of the sessions we’re looking forward to most. If you’re ready for more details, head over to our Connect 19 site to see the full agenda and start planning your time in Orlando.
Lightning Session: Use Your Phone Like a Millennial (Spok Mobile Tips & Tricks)
From searching for an on-call cardiologist to escalating a code alert, you can be a mobile maven and manage your messaging app like a champ. Stop by this 15-minute session for tips on getting the most out of your Spok Mobile application.
Clinician Burnout: Is It a Public Health Crisis?
A 2019 paper, A Crisis in Healthcare: A Call to Action on Physician Burnout, deemed burnout in healthcare “a public health crisis.” The study, published by the Harvard Global Health Institute, piqued our interest and we wanted to learn more. We surveyed 474 clinicians to help us understand the prevalence of burnout and to investigate how healthcare organizations are addressing it. Join us in this session to discuss the riveting results of this survey and to share your organization’s experiences.
3 Things to do Today to be Ready for the Future
Healthcare leaders continue to embrace cloud technology, but many still have questions about how to make the move. We’ve developed a roadmap to help you prepare your leaders, staff, and systems for the future. Learn the importance of updating your existing Spok solutions to Spok Care Connect 1.9, preparing your team to reap the benefits of a software as a service (SaaS) model, and understanding the security advantages of our cloud-native platform.
Get Your Head in the Cloud: How Cloud Solutions are Transforming Healthcare
Are you ready for what’s next? Join this session to learn how Spok and AWS are partnering to make sure you’re completely covered as you navigate to the convenience of the cloud. Learn what to consider as you select new technology and why major healthcare organizations are making the switch. You’ll walk away armed with the knowledge you’ll need to be a cloud evangelist at your organization.
We can’t wait to see you in Orlando Oct. 27-30!
By Robin Flynn, Associate Director, Marketing Events
Robin Flynn is the associate director of events for Spok. She has worked in marketing for over 15 years and has been with Spok since 2004. Along with the Connect conferences, she also plans all our tradeshows. See where we’ll be next on our page.