October 19, 2014
I arrived in San Antonio yesterday morning, greeted by a balmy 75˚F degrees (it was hovering around freezing when I left home). Traveling south for warmer weather is a treat, but the real excitement for me this week is getting to talk with customers face-to-face. Many people know my voice from our regular Spok Directions User Group calls. I also speak with customers to collaborate on news releases and case studies about their amazing stories.
That’s what brings a lot of folks to our event every year, actually. This is my fifth annual conference, and I hear over and over that a big highlight for attendees is hearing case studies directly from other customers. What were the communication challenges at their institution, and how did they look for a solution? What did they end up doing about it, and how did the rollout and integrations work? What do staff and patients think? I expect this year to exceed expectations with our customer stories on secure texting rollouts, linking clinical system alerts to staff’s mobile devices, code call coordination, call center mergers and improvements, and more. We’re all looking forward to hearing these starting tomorrow.
This evening, however, is our Welcome Reception. I look forward to greeting many familiar faces, as well as meeting new customers joining us for the first time. To all of you who are here, or will be soon: Welcome! And if you are not able to join the conversations in person this year, you can still participate through our Mobility in Healthcare blog, Facebook, and Twitter. And if you’re looking to connect more directly, I invite you to join Spok Directions and become part of the conversation throughout the year.
By Jill Asby, Marketing Communications Manager
Spokwise Healthcare Blog Subscription
- Infographic: How Healthcare Deploys Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Ready, Set, Register! The Connect 19 Healthcare Conference Agenda is Here
- Infographic: Point vs Platform Solutions in Healthcare Communications
- Triple Threat: How Technology, Training, and Tenacity Transformed a Hospital Contact Center
- The Voice of the Nurse Leader in Technology
- How to Deliver On-Time, On-Budget, and On-Value Health IT Projects
- Did You Know? 6 Ways to Make Physicians’ Lives Easier
- Standard or Encrypted Pagers: What’s the Difference and Which Is Best for My Hospital?
- The Top 10 Spokwise Healthcare Blog Posts of All Time
- What’s That Noise!?: How Technology Can Help Create a Quieter Hospital
- Connect 17 Recap: A Spok Customer’s Firsthand Perspective
- The Right Stuff for Improving Compliance With Joint Commission Communication Goals
- Extinguish Physician and Nurse Burnout: How Health IT Can Help Clinicians Love Their Jobs Again
- On-Call Scheduling 101: Your Guide to Supporting Care Providers and Patients
- Being Smarter with Smartphones: Shifting Patients’ Negative Perception of Mobile Devices at the Bedside
- 8 Steps to Take in the Event of a Data Breach at Your Hospital
- 10 Fun Facts About Nurses for National Nurses Week
- Putting Yourself in the Patient’s Shoes
- Closing the Critical Test Results Loop to Improve Patient Care
- Robin’s Wrap
- Lessons Learned for Emergency Notification
- Front and Center Stage - Opening Day at Connect 14
- Face-to-Face Connections
- Lost Your Pager in the Lake? No Problem, Use Mine
- The Future of Spok Contact Center Solutions—Sneak Preview at Connect 14