A COMPLETE ONSITE PAGING SOLUTION
Spok offers a one-stop-shop for pagers, paging transmitters, and paging terminals. This helps you save money and reduce the frustration of integrating equipment among multiple manufacturers into communications platforms in areas such as a hospital contact center.
ONSITE PAGING: CONSISTENT. CONTROLLABLE. COST-EFFECTIVE.
With onsite paging, the paging transmitters are located “onsite” at your organization, and you own and control the system.
- Robust: The plastic enclosure for Spok® pagers has been rigorously tested.
- Menu Options Set for Each User: Like the user profiles in software, Spok pagers can be configured to display only the options you want each user to access.
- Extensive Over-the-Air Programming: You can configure many features over the air, including Power Off, Time, Delete Messages, Alert Mode, Capcodes, and Disable Pager. Commtech pagers are easy to program by hand, over the air, and even via a USB port.
- Priority Override: This feature ensures that pagers set to inaudible become audible for high-priority messages. This is especially important for hospital paging devices.
Spok offers both POCSAG & FLEX pagers. We carry intrinsically safe and ATEX-approved pagers for use in hazardous environments. Note: not all pagers are available in all geographies.
The iLand® two-way paging system is a campus-based messaging system that combines the speed of an in-house network with the broad coverage of a wide area system—all without the need for substantial equipment installation.
Leverage Spok's high-powered, state-of-the-art paging transmitters to ensure a highly efficient, reliable approach to enterprise paging, alarm management, and event notification. Mission-critical private networks can be established with excellent coverage and reliability at an attractive total cost of ownership. Paging, alarm management and event notification can be provided across multiple sites, entire enterprise environments, and smaller coverage areas if desired.
Dispatch messages quickly and easily through Spok's solutions for clinical alerting and alarm monitoring. With an easy-to-use interface, your dispatchers have an intuitive method to distribute key alarms and alerts to individuals, groups, departments (such as the hospital call center), and the entire enterprise. Many customers have replaced outdated in-house terminals and messaging systems with these robust solutions to achieve a highly streamlined, reliable approach to sending mission-critical messages.
Key Functionality & Benefits for Paging Terminals
- POCSAG encoding
- Multi-user, IT-friendly and Microsoft® server-based
- Supports industry-standard paging protocols such as TAP, TNPP, SNPP, WCTP, ESPA, COMP1&2, and SMTP
- Logging and reporting of all pages sent (and received if a two-way device)
- Telephone ports: voice prompted paging via DTMF - up to 64 ports or multiple T1s
- Direct control of paging transmitters and transmitter networks
- Immediate message dispatch to pagers, ensuring high-priority pages can be received on the onsite pagers in less than two seconds
- Individual and group paging
- Escalation features
- Database integration with Spok® operator console solutions
The FCC mandated that as of Jan. 1, 2013, all public safety and business industrial land mobile radio systems operating in the ranges of 150-174 and 421-512 MHz radio bands can no longer operate using 25 kHz efficiency technology. They must operate using at least 12.5 kHz efficiency technology. Many hospitals are using these frequencies for in-house paging. Some exemptions apply for some paging-only frequencies. After Jan. 1, 2013, licensees not operating at 12.5 KHz efficiency will be in violation of the Commission's rules and could be subject to FCC enforcement action, which may include admonishment, monetary fines, or loss of license. Visit the FCC's website.