IMPROVING CARE AND COMMUNICATION BY SHARING CRITICAL LAB RESULTS EFFECTIVELY
The Joint Commission and other healthcare authorities have identified that failures and delays in the communication of critical test results are a major problem for patient safety. Inefficient handling of results also contributes to higher costs of care and increased risk of litigation.
REPORT LAB RESULTS FASTER WITH SPOK
Spok® Critical Test Results Management securely and rapidly transfers test results from the Lab to the right physicians and caregivers on mobile or other communication devices, speeding treatment. This is critical given the number of lab tests done each day. Efficient handling can significantly reduce costs and save valuable time.
WHY IT'S EFFECTIVE
- Increases patient safety and satisfaction
- Helps speed treatment plan and discharge for normal and critical test result patients
- Helps ensure compliance with Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goal #2
- Assists with accreditation from the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Improves caregiver, physician and Lab productivity
- Enables incidental findings to be noted and communicated
- Guards against malpractice lawsuits
- FDA 510(k) cleared as a class II medical device, which shows the solution is keeping pace with key industry standards and guidelines