TIMELY ALERT AND ALARM MONITORING NOTIFICATIONS
Spok is proud to bring you Spok® Messenger (formerly Amcom Messenger), the evolution of our highly successful BASEPage and BASEPage 2000 paging and alarm monitoring platform. Spok Messenger is an intelligent middleware application that connects critical information from third-party systems to mobile staff carrying wireless communication devices. Spok Messenger connects with virtually all crucial alert systems, including nurse call, fire, security, patient monitoring, and building management systems.
This solution creates an enterprise-wide hub for the management, prioritisation, escalation, and response to key events across the entire organisation.
When alarms sound they can quickly bring panic to your organisation if the right alarm monitoring and alerting technology is not in place. Spok Messenger gives you control with the ability to send messages to the right people based on pre-defined rules suited to the needs of the facility. The ability to reach mobile team members within seconds improves overall workflow, staff productivity, and the comfort and safety of everyone in the facility.
"The management team is very pleased with how smoothly our communications flow. [Spok] Messenger is an integral part of the way we do business and helps us in our mission to continually strengthen patient care and safety."
PROVIDE ALARM MONITORING FUNCTIONALITY
TO ENABLE QUICK RESPONSE
- Alarm filtering: Establish rules that direct the right alarms to the right staff members to eliminate the overload caused by receiving unnecessary information throughout the day. Filtering also means off-duty staff aren’t bothered by updates that don’t occur during their shift.
- Assignment client: Assign particular devices to staff for receipt of the various third-party system notifications linked to Spok Messenger. This ensures that updates are sent to the right person based on his or her role and communication device preferences.
- Integration to your communication devices: Whether your organisation uses in-building wireless phones, smartphones, pagers, LED signs, voice communication badges, or even all of them in the same facility, ensure staff receive alarms and updates on the appropriate devices at all times. Spok Messenger has proven interoperability with virtually all communication output devices.
- Integrated messaging using industry-standard methods for common alarm/input standards-based systems:
- HL7 healthcare scenario: Link systems such as lab results, radiology results, medication management, and messaging from patient care device aggregators to staff’s wireless devices for fast information updates. Spok is an active participant in the IHE (Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise North America), whose main goal is to ensure standardisation of clinical systems in the acute care environment.
- Integration with the full Spok suite: As the leader in mission-critical communications, Spok offers a broad suite of integrated solutions. In addition to Spok Messenger, this spans communications tools for contact centre management, on-call rostering, emergency and incident management, critical test results management, secure smartphone texting, and paging.